"Entering the church is as if you leave the earthly behind and enter the heavenly, leaving the
time and entering the eternity… Here in the church a person realizes the true nobility of his soul,
the worth of life and its goal or his purpose; sobers up with his soul of the fascination of the worldly
fuss and worldly passions; here he perceives his life - transient and eternal…"
|Holy Righteous Ioann Kronshtadsky
- Our family likes the church of the Great Martyr St. George the Victory-Bearer. Its erection
happens before our eyes; we see Father Valeriy and his work.
Orthodoxy is the best at what our
youth can arrive. That's why I bring my little son to the communion once a week. Orthodoxy is a
faith of ours, it's native, it came from the remote past.
- Father Valeriy is a plain and friendly person. This church attracts me. I get a
feeling that something is missing when I fail to come.
To my mind, a person should choose himself a spiritual mentor. He should come
to him to confess and to receive communion. You may go to any church but you
should have only one spiritual mentor - to your liking.
- Whenever a possibility presents itself I come to the church of the Great Martyr St.
George the Victory-Bearer. I like this church very much. I find here peace of mind. I
know father Valeriy and have confessed to him many times already.
- The church of the Great Martyr St. George the Victory-Bearer attracts me with
its cozy and homelike atmosphere. But there is more to it than only this. The
attention of the parson to the parishioners is quite great here. Father Valeriy
seeks to make people feel well and comfortable. The temporary church is not large
but beautiful. And the new one will be even better due to the labour of the parson.
Parishioners Tatyana and Olga. Sisters. Come to the
church of the Great Martyr St. George the Victory-Bearer each Sunday.
- I have been going to the church for six months already. Why do I come here? I am well received here.
Father Valeriy is very considerate and compassionate. I make confessions to him. Repentance and desire
to disembosom drive to confession. In my opinion confession is indispensable for a man in order to be
in accord with God and himself.
- I have been going to the church of the Great Martyr St. George the Victory-Bearer for
two years. The church attracts me with its bright and unique atmosphere. It is warm and
cozy here. The ceremony evokes the feeling of harmony and ease. It is in this church where
I feel the grace of God.